Saturday, 5 December 2009

Life is a rollercoaster

As unremittingly awful the Ronan Keating song of that title is, whoever wrote those lyrics for him has quite a good point. I have found in my life now to be acutely noticing my perpetual mood swings. When I'm in a good mood, the world seems so beautiful, with so many possibilities, and I feel as if I have cracked it once and for all. But then in the low moods I can see all the demons of my previous years of being a teenage curmudgeon coming back to me, the self doubt, the suspicion of others, the self pity etc etc. I'm really writing this to remind myself that the world is changeable to your ends if you have the heart, and that there is a goodness within everyone that can be unlocked. It's easy to lose this thought in London but I am determined to stand my ground in the flood of stressed out commuters, pushy tourists and the downtrodden poor, and realise my own situation really isn't so bad.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete