Friday, 7 March 2014

7-March

The happiness that was promised by this place was never delivered.
The city's hard, the city's fair, this city has crushed me, and I've yet to conclude what the lesson is.
Every time I close my eyes I see her soft, pale cheeks. I can imagine her eyes staring straight into mine as she asks how I am.
When I open my eyes I see floods of strangers that rush by me, my only defence against them my earphones.
I want Google to give me answers, but it seems every media outlet is designed merely to sell something.
Even community listings on Gumtree is flooded with man and van adverts that the website administrators have neither heart or time to remove.
Time is money, time equals money, everything else is a waste of time.
The trouble is, I believed in love, she believed in keeping her options open.

No comments:

Post a Comment