Wednesday, 1 December 2010
Not unique after all
I'm discovering one aspect of daydreams that I should have discovered a long time ago - they are damaging. Daydreams have led me to mistaken beliefs about how people think about me, what people are like, how easy/difficult it is to accomplish a situation, etc. etc. If I hadn't held the belief I am unique and destined to be misunderstood, I would not have been a difficult loner for much of my life. I strived for opportunities to make new friends by living in halls two years in a row, and have not maximised it. The happiest man is the pragmatic man, who doesn't expect too much from life, who decides on a task and puts the appropriate amount of effort into it - not too little as to have no chance of success, not too much as to let one thing obstruct other aspects of life, and each day chips away with dedication at a goal, never concluding he has succeeded when he hasn't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment