Too often I find myself engaging in short term obsessive behaviour, aimed at maximising my immediate comfort over long term goals. I refuse to swallow my pride when something is not working out or damaging, i.e. my refusal to buy travel, my tendency to let other people cover my costs. I need to accept that things don't always go my way and no one is entitled to have the better experience over someone else all the time. I need to think more about other people's expectations and entitlements, and not live my life selfishly. This selfish behaviour has led me to be cold towards people as subconsciously I construe any act that infringes on me as a hostile one, inhibiting me from feeling close to other people.
Also I need to not give up on my goals so easy, this is has hindered my achievements in life, held me back from getting what I want.
No comments:
Post a Comment